Translate

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Ministry and Randomness

I just put the kids to bed, and there is plenty to do. I need to clean the dishes, do some laundry, and take a shower.  I am trying to get use to the small water heater in the flat.  I have not had my shower today because there was no hot water at the time I wanted to take one.  I have to be strategic in my planning when it comes to the water.  (I know you needed to know that pointless fact. :-)

I thought I would write a quick post and update you on the latest with our ministry.  I know that all of my posts have been about living in Prague, but I would like to update you on the real reason we are here.  We have not had a real church service yet.  John's first service will be on Sunday. (Please say a prayer for him as he prepares.)  He is very excited, but nervous at the same time.  Everything is new so it is quite overwhelming.  Up until now, we have had a couple of meetings and a devotion.  It has been great to get to know the members of the church.  The hard thing is that it is August, and everyone goes on vacation in August.  So, hopefully, we will have more people attend Sunday afternoon service once September arrives.  I'll have to blog again to let you know how our first church service goes.

Tomorrow, we go to visit with the moms that are in the mom's group at the church.  We are going to what they call a "garden party."  We have to take a train to get to the house, so it will be fun for the kids.  I am looking forward to getting to know the other moms and make some friends.

Monday, the kids start school!  It seems like the adjustments never end.  I think the kids are excited.  I am excited for them to make some friends.  They play together pretty well, but they have more arguments recently.  I know I am ready to have a little break from them.  :-)

I know this post is a little random, so I will leave you with another pointless fact.  Did you know that over in the Czech Republic, they individually wrap their chicken hot dogs in plastic?  Neither did I!  I actually thought that the plastic was just a hard casing. (They came in a normal hot dog package.)The hot dogs were hard to cut and difficult to chew.  Even little Ada at some too.  I realised my mistake when we bought a different brand of hot dogs that had writing on the plastic around the hotdog.  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment