Translate

Friday, August 1, 2014

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Tomorrow, we leave to go to Prague.  I have mixed emotions right now.  There is a part of me which is excited about the new adventures ahead of us.  I can't wait to explore the city and see all that it has to offer.  I am eager to use the public transportation.  I think it will be fun to be able to get anywhere I want to go without driving a car.  I am excited to meet new people and make new friends.  Honestly, I am excited about the bread section in the Tesco down the street.  Just think of a produce section in the  supermarket, but instead of being filled with veggies and fruits, it is filled with bread of all kinds.  Yep, my kind of paradise!  :-)

At the same time, I am anxious and scared.  I know that God is with me every step of the way, but I am still a little nervous about being so far from home.  I know that Prague will be home for at least 3 years, but right now that is a little bit hard to fathom.  People ask me if I am ready to go.  I say that I better be ready since I have no house, no cars, and hardly any furniture in the United States.  Our bags are packed and ready to go.  Reality has not set in yet.  I am sure once we land in Prague, things will get really "real".

I am also sad to be leaving friends and family.  It has been a difficult and emotional week.  I am mentally and physically exhausted.  However, I know that God is good!  He will support us through this transition.  We have an awesome group of friends and wonderful family members that will be lifting us up through prayer.  I can already feel the prayers being lifted.  I am so thankful for such wonderful support! Plus, there is a group of people in the Czech Republic that have been supporting us ever since they knew that we were coming.  It is so nice to know that things will be taken care of once we arrive.  We already have new friends that are picking us up at the airport, that have agreed to help us carry our heavy luggage up 101 stairs, and who are going to watch our kids so that we can go shopping when we arrive.  God is good!!!!

Say a prayer for us as we fly in an airplane tomorrow (Friday, Aug. 1st).  I look forward to keeping you updated on our new adventure!

Love, Denise

1 comment: