Since my last post was in February (GASP!), there have been a lot of things that have happened. I will give you an outline and then give you some more details about the important stuff.
March -- Not sure what happened in March. It was too long ago. :-)
- Bed Bugs - We found out we had bed bugs after John got bit at night. The flat had to be sprayed. In order for the bugs to die, they had to walk through the spray. In order for the bugs to come out, we had to be the bait. Fun times! Oh, I couldn't clean the floor or vacuum for 27 days. Nice clean fun!
- Trip to the States: We were able to take a wonderful trip to the states on April 7th. We were there for a month and had a wonderful time with friends and family. It was just what we needed to rejuvenate us.
- Visits with friends: After coming back from the States, we were able to go to Salzburg, Austria to meet up with the wonderful Hawkins family. We had fun touring Salzburg in the rain. It was only one day, but we had the best time. Also, I was able to meet up with a former student of mine in Prague. We only met for 30 minutes or so, but it was so sweet to see Faith Cambron again. She has grown up to be such a wonderful woman of God. I am so grateful for the opportunities to see the people you love.
- Class, Conference, and Camping: John was gone from home a lot in June. He is currently taking online classes in Theology and has to meet with his class. So he met with them in Germany for a week. He also had to go to the annual conference in Slovakia. Fortunately, after him being gone, we were able to go camping with the families from our Mom's club. It was fun!
- We MOVED: In between John going to Germany and going camping, we moved to a new flat. We are so fortunate to have more space and a balcony now! We are so excited to be in the new flat and look forward to having groups over for bible study and fellowship.
- Mission Teams: In July, we had many mission teams come to visit us. It has been a revolving door! One time, John brought a group back to the airport, and an hour later, he picked up another group. Here is how July went...
- Seth O Kegley came to help us with music. We had fun showing him around town and getting to know him.
- Sam Barnett and group came for a couple of days before they went to another town for baseball camp. We were able to show them around Prague and went to Dresden, Germany for a day.
- Our family went to Brno for a week to help with VBS. We had so much fun with the entire group, especially Jana, Betty, and Deban.
- When we got back, a group of guys came for a week to help do construction on our sanctuary. They had fun tearing down walls and getting it ready to paint. We hope to make the sanctuary a multi purpose room for the church services, Mom's club, and community events.
- As soon as they left, a mission group came to have VBS at our church. The first day we had only Ada and Eli. It was a little depressing. However, as always, God provided. By the end of the week, I think we had about 15 kids. It was amazing. We were able to become friendly with a Vietnamese family that owns a local shop near the church. We invited them to come to VBS. Not only did their two girls come, but they also brought their cousin and a friend. It was wonderful to see God moving that week.On Saturday, we have another mission group coming to help us at ESUMC Prague. They will be working on the sanctuary.
- On Saturday, we have another mission group coming to help us at ESUMC Prague. They will be working on the sanctuary.
- The ALPS: Just the other week, John and I were able to go to the Alps for a much needed break. It was BEAUTIFUL! I will have to post some pictures. Hopefully some of you saw them on Facebook. It was amazing to see God's gorgeous masterpiece.
- School: Next week, I will be starting in-service at the Christian International School of Prague (CISP). Yes, I will be teaching again! I will be teaching 3rd grade. Life is going to be a bit different! We are excited about the change. Eli will be starting 1st grade at CISP. He is excited since he didn't really have the Kindergarten experience here. School officially starts in 1st grade, so this will be his first year of "real" school. Ada will continue to go to Czech kindergarten (preschool) for one more year.