Translate

Friday, June 6, 2014

Deciding to go to Prague...

So... this is my first blog.  Honestly, it kind of scares me to put all my feelings and thoughts out there for everyone to read.  However, my family is about to embark on BIG adventure, and I know that many friends, family, and those that support us will be interested to see how our life will change in the next few days, months, and years.

So here is how we decided to go to Prague, Czech Republic...

In March 2014, we were approached with the possibility to lead a church in Prague.  We really considered and prayed about the opportunity.  Before we made our decision, we went over to Prague to check it out.  To be honest, at first I did not know if I could live there.  It was so different from home.  I have been over to Europe and loved it.  However, it is different when you go over to Europe and consider living there.  I have to admit a few tears were shed the first couple of days.  However, I attribute a lot of that to jet lag.  After a couple of days, I adjusted to the time change and could see myself and our family living in Prague.  We enjoyed our time in the Czech Republic.

When we arrived home, I was emotional once again.  I missed my babies and my comfortable home.  I wasn't sure if I could leave it all behind.  John and I knew that we needed to make a decision soon.  So... we prayed.  We prayed and we prayed.  I really did not know what to do.  As the week went on, there were many things that spoke to me and John. (I'll have to blog about that later...) We definitely felt like God was leading us to serve in Prague.  I also felt that if we said no, we would regret it in the future.  So after prayerful consideration, taking in all the pros and cons, and giving it up to the Lord, we decided to move to Prague.  We took a leap of faith and trusted in our Lord and Savior.  Once we said yes, the adventure began...

3 comments:

  1. I'm following your blog guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to see you when my team come to Slany' in July. This will be my 7th trip and I LOVE it there. I keep saying that if I ever win the lottery (which I won't because I RARELY play) I will have a summer home there. Blessings and blessings to you both for taking this leap of faith and continuing what Michelle and Gary have started, which so many others had a hand in. You have created a HUGE sigh of relief that the work will continue. I hope that you have a fantastic and wonderful experience and will be praying for your family daily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, but we won't move to Prague until August. I hope you will come back in the summer of 2015!

      Delete